Saturday, November 21, 2009

Josh Williams NCAA Championship journal #2

Well the beds are extremely comfortable here. I tried to get to sleep around 10:30 here but stayed awake a bit longer because of the time change. Coach Brewster said we would meet for breakfast between 8:30 and 9:30. Coach Chris and I got there at 8:30 and had a great breakfast. Made to order breakfast…omelets, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit…everything you could want in a breakfast.

Afterwards I chilled in my room for a while and then we decided to go to the course at 11:00. The course is less than 2 miles from our hotel so it was a quick drive. My thoughts on the course: hilly, wet, a bit muddy…it should be a great day tomorrow to run. Hopefully it won’t be so windy though. Usually the course is marked by two solid white lines. This course is lined (literally) by thousands of tiny BW (Baldwin-Wallace) flags (kind of like those orange electrical flags) one after another about 2 feet apart (souvenir anyone??).

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day mostly, just trying to stay relaxed. We did go to the student athlete banquet last night. Although we got there right before it started we got the best seat in the banquet hall, the table that was first to the food line. Great pick Coach Brewster! Oh yeah, and right before we got inside the banquet hall we saw this great big dog named Conner (check out the picture). All in all it was a great night.

A bunch of family (my mom and sister) and friends (Garvey, Connor, Alex, and Annie) drove all the way from Madison to see me run tomorrow. I’m excited to race tomorrow. I’m just going to take it all in and enjoy the experience. I’ll keep you posted on the results! Race is in less than 3 hours!!!!

No comments: