Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Sidearm Scoop #2

Well the time has finally come for our spring trip to Florida. We have a few games under our belt and I feel very confident about our team as we head down there. I am very excited to get outside and play, but more excited for all the new players and coaches karaoke performances on the ride back. This years freshman class is a little thin, but my sleeper pick to win the whole thing is Glenn Nowell. I was very disappointed to find out that Coach Verb would not be on the bus as I believe he could of given us a performance for the ages. (SID's note: Video documentation of this event is required.)

The hardest part of the trip to Florida is deciding which movies to watch. We have used up a lot of the funny movies on the trips to Minnesota so hopefully someone brings some good ones. I am crossing my fingers that we will not have to watch anymore of Brad DeVault's homemade hunting video's again...though they were great to fall asleep to.

Finally, as many of you already know our latest victory in the metrodome was Coach Brisack's 200th. It feels pretty cool to be a part of something like that and even better to be the pitcher of record in the game. Coach didn't talk about it at all, but I think that it shows how far he has brought the program since he has been here.

- Blake Hunt

No comments: